Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Toddler Mutant Ninja Turtles

You would think by now I would be used to the circus freak looks that me and my three get every time we go out in public. I don't know if it's because having 3 kids is kinda nuts and uncommon or that taking 3 kids, all boys at that, grocery shopping is insane. Whatever it may be, I find great humor in every trip. I seriously have to laugh to keep from crying.  For several years and even now, before I enter the grocery store I have a  come to Jesus meeting with my boys. They understand that if they don't behave I will ground them or make them take a nap when we get home.  On occasion the get-along-shirt is also used. This is where I make the two littles get in one of Edwin's shirts together. It forces them to be close to each other when they have otherwise been snarky and ugly.


Just yesterday, I took my little 2 with me to the grocery store. Upon entering the store I put them in the little grocery cart that has a full size cozy coop attached to the front.  I feel when I'm driving this thing that it's as big as a school bus. It's hard to maneuver but whatever makes my grocery trips easier, gives me a little extra cardio workout and keeps my kids entertained works for me! We were not even to the produce isle yet when I was approached by a lady who said "you are my hero... I admire you". It made me feel empowered and I held my head high. That small victorious feeling soon faded when the kids began to fight. What were they fighting about you may ask? Whether or not God has eye lids!! Yes, you heard me right.. Eyelids. You see, Riley was being ugly to Edward and they continued to argue that God sees everything! And Riley said no he doesn't, God doesn't have eyelids. He lives in your heart." They crack me up sometimes and at the same time I wanna pull my eyelids off!

A day before I decided to take my 3 to the movies. My hubby was working in a D-Now weekend with our church and it was just me and the mighty 3. We went to Target before the movie to get some snacks. While there, the cashier lady asked me, "are all these yours?!?!". I wanted to say, " NO! I just like to drag extra kids who fight around town with me" I couldn't even answer to keep from bursting in laughter. "Yes, they are all mine" and she says, "You just need 1 more and you'll have the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" I thought I had heard it all. "You've almost got a soccer team," bless your heart"," do you know what causes this", "you're braver than me", blah blah blah! But I do have to say this is the funniest thing I've ever had told to me about my kids. Yes, they are rowdy and wild and rambunctious but I wouldn't have it any other way. They keep life entertaining.

So the next time you are at the grocery store and you see a mommy struggling to get groceries with her kids, don't give her the glair like she has 3 heads, instead pray for her. Pray for her kids to behave so she can get groceries so they can eat! We're all tired of takeout and soup!  Pray for her patients and for the ninja toddlers.  If you see a momma with a cart full of kids sometime the nicest things are the things that take us by surprise. Offer to take her cart back to the return for her. This happened to me last year. A gentleman, who's momma apparently raised him right, offered to take my cart back. It's the little things that make a big difference. And for you momma's raising ninja toddlers of your own, just know that these days are few. Just this year my little 2 started prek. It's hard to imagine them being in school full time. For 8 years this is all I have know. I dread next school year when I will have 2 in school. It makes my heart break into a million pieces. So for now, I will choose to soak up these crazy wild moments and cherish the memories. In just a blink your ninja's will be grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment