Thursday, January 29, 2015

To be a mom of boys

When I was a little girl I dreamed of one day being a mom to a boy and a girl. Never in a million years would I imagine that I would be a mom to 3 children, much less all boys! I've always hear that God will give you what you can handle and at times I wonder if He thinks I'm some kind of super woman. I feel frail and beat to a pulp most days. But I love my rowdy 3 and wouldn't trade them for 1 sweet smelling princess loving girl. I would add a precious princess anytime He feels I need one but for now its 4 males and a mom.

I have to find the humor in the fact that I live with all these boys. It's never dull and I get quite informed on a daily basis on weird things like bugs, shapes of turds and dirt.  Just for example. Yesterday Riley was in our backyard and found one of his socks that has been missing. He felt the need to bring it to me. He put it on his tiny 4 year old hand like a puppet and clapped his hands together to watch the dirt poof out. Dirt.. On my floors... Oh well. It's all cleanable. Some mommas would have flipped a switch on this but I've learned to be a little bit mellower when it comes to things like dirt, frog and rocks.  Well, maybe not frogs but you get the picture.

Having 3 boys has wound me up a little bit more in some ways but wound me down in others. I've learned that if the kids get dirt on them, it's OK! Listen momma's, it's OK if your kids get dirt on their hands, face, in their hair, on their clothes, shoes, etc... It's Ok. They will all wash and chances are they will have a blast getting that way. My boys love to play in the dirt pit in the back yard. This is their favorite place to play. They get their sand shovels and dig for gold just about daily. Edward even brought me a rock, I mean gold, in the house the other day. These are memories they are making and dirt isn't a bad thing.

The boys brought me a frog into the kitchen while I was cooking dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment